New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/

www.mistwolves.com will be redirected to http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/ ASAP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just saying bye and thanks

Go down 
+4
Mittens
Kelemvor
seshafi
Ichabod
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ichabod

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Just saying bye and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime2nd July 2008, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the invite and chance to meet people. I couldn't keep myself in AoC, it's just too unpolished, too unfinished and too much of a single player game. Razz I'll just spend time with the wife and daughter until Warhammer hits. Razz Thanks again and hopefully I'll see some of you in WAR. Razz
Back to top Go down
seshafi

seshafi

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime2nd July 2008, 11:59 pm

To be honest Azeneth and I will probably be fading out as well. The guild is just awsome but the game is seriously lacking in some things. We will be on a little in the next month while our subscription fades out. but will probably be spending most of our time focusing on our College Classes.

This is a very nice looking game in some sense but the armor graphics leave much to the imagination. To have an awsome looking character on creation that spends the rest of its life running around in a gunny sack (mage classes) is very disappointing. AOC promised a vibrant sexy world and yes it has a 18 rating but it you could fool me to look at it it. I dont want to run around naked with my toon, but i do want to see a little bit of leg, or some cleavage so that the wonderful tattoo's, that I agonized over in character creation, could be seen.

There is a serious lacking of areas and quests to level in once you hit around 45+ (especially if your in a Duo group). Currently Azeneth and I are out of all quests accept for huge group quests and its very hard to get a group on our time zone. The world is not big enough to do endless grinding to keep us occupied.

It also needs a huge fixing on pet summoning. Dosnt affect alot of you, but Azeneth's main character is a Necromancer and my main alt is a Demonologist. Nothing is worse then waiting for up to 3 minutes for your husband summon his pets. I know it dosnt seem like alot, but when your in an MMO you want to get up and go, not wait around (usually i end up getting a soda). My soda intake has trippled.

I really do like the game, but I want to wait a month or so and see if the parts that get to me, get any better.
Back to top Go down
Kelemvor

Kelemvor

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime3rd July 2008, 5:51 am

Sad

Hey Icabod, thanks for all your help mate if you change your mind your always welcome back, hey if you have any blue items or cash for the guild bank we will gladly accept parting gifts Smile
But in all seriousness thanks for joining the guild & thanks for all your help.

Sesh & Az Its a great shame that you wont be around (Hopefully its only short term) but I cant really argue with what you have said although I never realy found myself without any quests to do.
Thanks for your help founding the guild guys & We hope you do stick around, maybe they will patch some stuff in before your subs expire & fix the armsmans arena which is a heck of a lot of fun for both solo & group play.

In AoC Levels 45-50 was a pain (Which they acknowledge) cos most stuff was Red to me but with Mittens's help we managed to get through our quests, Infact I never even tried any of the Villas until I was over level 55. Im pretty sure FotD got me from 47-ish to mid 50's but theres plenty of quests in there that can easily be missed because they are off the beaten track. I skipped most of the elite instances like Tord's tomb, cistern etc too which is another great shame and they need to fix them plus you dont get those nice items. The greatest problem is that E-Mountains, Thunder River & Atzels are all great areas with some good quests (although E-Mtns is a bit light on quests overall, which they are supposedly fixing)

Hope the 3 of you can maybe make it on for the weekends festivities which will include runs into some of those elite instances Sesh & Az are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Mittens

Mittens

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime3rd July 2008, 6:45 am

Bye Ichabod! I understand Smile
Icha donated $3g and a stack of gems and whatnot (see norco!).
My own interest in WAR has not been a secret. However, despite my rage at funcom (cos of some funding fuckups) i have a 3 month subscription and a 2 month card (and for weasel too), so i shall be sticking around to see the endgame. WAR got +50 points for not being funcom tho (rude and unhelpful customer service).
I would also like to see more being done to shutdown goldsellers. I know this is a tricky thing for a publisher to do, but i wont believe they are even trying until they allow me to ignore a login, rather than just toons.
Sure, WAR wont face up to this problem either... but i will get enraged at them when the time is ripe.
In conclusion, I identify with our compatriots above, and bear them no ill will.
-mittens
Back to top Go down
Carneios

Carneios

Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime3rd July 2008, 11:11 am

There's only three problems I have seen with WAR, It's EA, the last time I tried the beta (awhile ago) it just wasn't that interesting and you can't choose what chaos god to worship as chaos Razz
Back to top Go down
norco

norco

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime3rd July 2008, 3:04 pm

why are people getting so upset that the games not perfect? its got plenty to do aslong as you see some day light once and awhile, WoW is wat 6+ yrs old? and it was stil lbeing patched every week until 6 months ago. oh well guess ive just got alot more patience than some people (wierd considering im 16)

have fun with warhammer icha nice meeting ya and thx for the guild donations mate. have a good one

and as for seshafi and az... school? screw that lol 11 yrs was enough for me pretty sure i forgot more than i learnt in yr 11 but i only went 3 days a week the other 2 i was at tafe and work experience so school wouldnt let me do TEE. apprenticeship FTW, apart for the early mornings. to keep icha's tradition alive i think you should send me all you goodies b4 you quit Razz

they've fixed a fair bit so far (i think, i never had any problems to start with so im guessing lol) so in another month should be good for ya, and as for quests just grind to 50 and youll be right, E mountain quests will get ya to like 56+ prob more since i run around alot of mobs then do 4 villa runs(ful lclear, takes 2 hrs to do all 4 for me) and youll be 60, then you have 2 brand new zones fully stocked in quests. im almost 71 and ive still got fair few quests from 60 zones havnt touched the 70-80 zone every day after work i just do villas then bak to my 60's quests

what ever use decide to do, nice meeting yall (little yanky word for ya)
Back to top Go down
Sagramor

Sagramor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime4th July 2008, 1:27 am

A big good bye to those who are leaving, lotsa luck n fun in where ever you're heading, on another note, this is only my 1st mmo, but after yakking to alota people online whats happening seems to be a relatively normal sequence of events. I have to echo Norc(o)s statement, give it a bit o time and changes will be noticable, believe me my ranger prays constantly that he finds something a bit more heroic lookin than a different shade of leather kilt. Also like Norcs my opinions a bit biased mainly because the ranger class hasn't got any break downs in it (or at least rather minor ones at worst). A couple of quests don't work for me, but i tend to just delete, forget about it and move on, not a problem.

Anyhows, see you later, maybe back here? you'll all be welcome back (and I'm sure Norcs will get all your stuff back for you , seeing as he's holding onto it! Razz )
Back to top Go down
Kelemvor

Kelemvor

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime4th July 2008, 3:53 am

I will still be here Smile I quite like AoC it fils in the voids of everything I didnt like about WoW & is the next step in the evolution of what I loved about DDO (although I still miss the twitch skills you could use to avoid traps which AoC doesnt have).

I think Im just spoilt by joining both of those games afetr they had been out for a year & were pretty well working nicely by the time I came along.

I was part of the NWN2 Multiplayer Beta most recently (Ive done Beta's on a bunch of games) and that was a bloody nightmare & its not even an MMORPG ! then it launched & like of the 10 game breaking bugs I reported 2 months out only 1 was fixed in the release day patch.... Anyways I think this gives me more patience.

I still cant workout why people are running out of steam at the level 45-ish mark I cant quite recall what I was doing but I always refuse to grind unless im like less than 2k to level or have 20 mins up my sleeve & nothing to do easily in that time. So I had non elite quests I was doing, I did the arena too which I realise is broken now but that on its own didnt carry me for 10 levels & I never tried the villas till I was level 59. Plus I have skipped every group based elite quest after the burning sanctum. I also skipped most of the wanted poster stuff except for a few in FotD because the return's werent great & my journal was full.

Might have to go back & work out what are good quests to do during those levels to help people out since its a common complaint. There is a lack of content for sure (wich Funcom recognise) but there is fun stuff to do if you dont mind the travel.
Back to top Go down
Ichabod

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime4th July 2008, 12:19 pm

I'm not mad the game isn't perfect. I don't know any game that is, in this setting. Back when they opened new lands on UO...the servers were in a constant state of crashing and they even physically fried from the logins. Lightning hit a server I played on and made it unable to play for a week. Stuff like that happens....

WoW launch was horrible, but they fixed it quick and got things working. I do not ever remember Blizzard coming out and saying their game would support a list of features and then not include them. My biggest issue is this game has no direction. Leveling should have some sort of a purpose. What is the ultimate goal of the game ?? Reach level 80, capture a keep and defend it as you earn buffs and resources that aren't in the game yet ?? Sorry, but that sounds boring to me.

Not going to turn this into a WAR vs AoC thread...so I'll just leave it at that. Razz Like mittens said, I put in the 3ish gold I had on my character and gave norco all of my gems and some other resources. LOTS of gems...so talk to him to get what you need.

I never really ran out of steam on this game, it's just that there is no real point to the game. With WoW, for example, I knew what my goal was and what to do to achieve it...however silly the goal was. Now with AoC, there just isn't a goal that isn't related to money. Runon sentence in 3..2...1....I need to farm 100 gold so I can build the guild city walls before they put in the npc's that attack the cities that was promised at launch, so then we can farm a few 100 gold and build a city to get the buffs that aren't in the game yet but were promised at launch. Sounds like a fun goal to have. Everything in the game has to do with gold. I hate that.
Back to top Go down
norco

norco

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime4th July 2008, 2:17 pm

its the exact same concept(im 16 if i didnt spell it right to bad go cry Smile ) in wow you get max lvl, you get mount money, you raid for gear.. in AoC you get max lvl make guild keep get mount money raid for gear.

oh well your lose IMO, gl mate

you know youll come crawling back Razz
Back to top Go down
Ichabod

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime4th July 2008, 7:31 pm

In WoW I got my mount money as I leveled. There was a point to the mounts though, you see, the world was seamless and open. You couldn't die and use the graveyards to skip across the zone and fast travel. Also the zones were 2-3 times larger in some cases. My goals were simple, raid and get the best gear or pvp and get the best rank/gear. And this isn't a wow vs aoc either, just an example. I dislike both games equally.

AoC's UI is also outdated by about 10 years. It's using a very basic setup. Think of it alot like how console games play. A FPS game makes a stride in technology and all games are now held to that same standard. Halo 2, 3 and now Call of Duty 4 are the new comparisons. Your future game has to live up to that game or it won't compete. If you have to press buttons that you pressed 3 years ago, instead of the new UI CoD4 has, the game won't catch on.

AoC has that same failure. WoW set the bar, it's using an XML UI. Very, very customizable and very easy to use. /g what's up, /r cool man talk to you later, /2 selling my junk, /invite friend. If AoC would of worked a few more months on their UI, they could have fixed their 10 year old UO.

Of course this is all assuming Funcom didn't run out of cash and release the game 6 months too early. Oh, and my account doesn't expire for 2 weeks. I uninstalled the game and gave my discs to a friend so he could see for himself.
Back to top Go down
fizz

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime5th July 2008, 1:44 am

Ichabod wrote:
Not going to turn this into a WAR vs AoC thread...
fibs. Smile

Take care mate, have fun. Give us a shout if/when you pop in again.
But please don't hold your breath too much for WAR. It's a bit 'meh' currently imo. (beta since jan)
If anything at least it will be local *cheers*

My 2 cents... in wow you get items to get more items to get more items, until your eyes bleed. Until you realize they all the same items with slightly different particle effects with the possibility of even more over the top 'stats', cant even be assed to change the model half the time these days. I mean, where the bleep have I seen this cave before? Or, lets release a new expansion/patch so we can void any current content for the 23rd time.
On the topic of UI.. If the UI was as accessible as wow I would be gone, as would a lot of others.
Why do you need a game that plays itself for you? That's right I forgot wow was ultra challenging. Twisted Evil

note: from early beta funcom have already informed us of further advancements to the UI including the release of API's.

Okay so I fib too, that was more like 20cents.
Back to top Go down
norco

norco

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime5th July 2008, 2:47 am

wow was easy as, AoC might be the same but ill wait and see. its fun atm and thats all i care about, in wow i had the best geared mage on the server and was 19th best pvper on server within 20 days of playtime then i just in town every time i logged on going hmm this is great... run 10m and log off
Back to top Go down
Ichabod

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime5th July 2008, 10:35 am

I was a part of one of top horde raiding guilds in the US, the top guild on Anetheron. I did hate the itemization as much as everyone else. But at least it did have a bit of itemization to the game. Razz

I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise, if the game is fun...play it. Razz I've been playing CoD4 for months now on my 360 and even after getting GTA4, I went back to CoD4. It's fun!!

Hey fizz, if you aren't enjoying the WAR beta, shoot me your account. There's alot of information I can gather right now for the release. Razz I'll shoot you some cash on paypal.
Back to top Go down
fizz

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 4:15 am

1 billion, gagillion, fafillion, shabolubalu million illion yillion ..yen ? affraid
Back to top Go down
Kelemvor

Kelemvor

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 7:02 am

WAR looks nice but im in the mood for Sci-Fi the next time I adopt a new MMORPG, I wont harp on but 40k universe is begging for an MMORPG.

What I love about AoC is that it doesnt feel as fantastical as WoW or DDO, its kinda dark & gritty which I love. Im a bit annoyed that the border kingdoms are not open PvP though Sad

Hell with the new graphics engine update coming out for Anarchy Online in the near future (looks like funcom have pinched bits of the AoC Engine to implement in old AO) and the fact its free I have been debating giving that a bash once a week or so during our enforced AoC downtime.
Although now that Nakita is here early I probably wont.

Looking forward to the level 75-80 Raiding instances.

A few things AoC really needs:

-Some more zones for variety. everyone has to go to FOTD & then E-mountains, there should be some places off Aquilonia & Stygia that cater to the same level ranges imho. Tortage as the only start area is a bit of a mistake too IMHO its the barrachan isles, surely they could have you wash up on another island...

-Items, particularly crafter equipment needs more variety in appearance. look if all the green armour is exactly the same model with diff textures ok I guess that is fair enough, but blue armour sets at each tier should look kinda cool & special IMHO. You go to all that effort harvesting for the rares & end up with something that is better in the numbers but visually almost the same.

-Group quests & Endgame raids need a lot of work.

-Border Kingdowms should be Open PvP, this is very important for those of us who rolled on PvE thinking once we reached 75+ we could PvP if we wanted....

-Tavern Brawling needs to work.

-The NPC guild city sieges need to work, hopefully with a way to control the times they happen in so we dont get raided when no one is online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just saying bye and thanks   Just saying bye and thanks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just saying bye and thanks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/ :: Main :: General Chat-
Jump to: