New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/

www.mistwolves.com will be redirected to http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/ ASAP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grey quests will no longer give XP

Go down 
+2
Thyrax
Groshy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Groshy

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Grey quests will no longer give XP Empty
PostSubject: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime11th July 2008, 1:36 am

Quote :

From the patch notes 10th July

That Truly sucks!
Back to top Go down
Thyrax

Thyrax

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime11th July 2008, 2:48 am

Yeah, I wonder why they changed it. It was not really gamebreaking imo. And a good motivation to do all available quests. Now its simply a waste of time to do those quests, if you already did them once or twice...
Back to top Go down
Kelemvor

Kelemvor

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 6:30 am

Do not despair apparently grey group quests stil give XP at least.

But yeah im not a fan of getting 0 for greys.

UPDATE: Tested Grey Group quests last night & sadly they give 0 XP.

I wonder if making greys give 0xp is funcoms way of "fixing" the overcrowding in some elite instances ? very lame if it is since half these stupid instances cant be completed till they are grey to you anyway....

Last edited by Kelemvor on 14th July 2008, 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carneios

Carneios

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 12:00 am

I don't see how this is a bad thing although I usually just delete my grey quests anyway >_>
Back to top Go down
Thyrax

Thyrax

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 3:08 am

XP for grey quests is good because,

-as it is, a lot of people have to grind several levels for the lack of suitable quests. If you don`t want to grind mindlessly mobs you could always do the grey quests too

-some people enjoy the way to 80 more than beeing at level 80 itself. Those people tend to do all quests available.

-quests also tell a story and some even refer to other quests or are the beginning questchains which could probably go through all levles. If you never do the start you`ll never see the end and its rewards either. They impove the imersion of rpgs and usualy give a lot of background information. No XP means a lot of people missing content and ending in the US forums whining about the game lacking content...

just my two cents.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Qualityjoe

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime15th July 2008, 7:57 am

I've heard from a little birdie IE the Patch Live forums and the preliminary patch notes up there that they are reinstating the XP for gray quests.

Also for all those who don't have a mount yet they are getting cheaper 75 silver down from 2 gold...which is kinda silly in my opinion takes away all the work and the fuzzy feeling inside you get when you can finally afford one but then again its good because you'll get fast travel quicker so hooray for that
Back to top Go down
Mick

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime18th July 2008, 1:34 am

Patch notes from 17th now have xp awarded for Grey quests back in the game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grey quests will no longer give XP   Grey quests will no longer give XP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1