New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/

www.mistwolves.com will be redirected to http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/ ASAP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official Forums (US) - A sad read

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thyrax

Thyrax

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Official Forums (US) - A sad read Empty
PostSubject: Official Forums (US) - A sad read   Official Forums (US) - A sad read Icon_minitime11th July 2008, 5:45 am

I know its kind of pointless, but I just wanted to vent my frustration about the US-Forums a bit.

If you read them you have to get the impression, that AoC is the worst game ever. Tons of whiners, flamers, trolls. Some of them with over 1000posts (non of them a positive feedback!!). Makes me wonder weather there are paid flamers on the forums as well. You say something positive and you get instaburnt.

Then I switched to the EU-Forums (german) for a minute and it was like I am looking at a complete different game! People were polite, presenting criticism in an civilized manner and a lot of people actualy expressed there thanks to FC for making a fun game. Normaly the germans are the most whiny,crying,selfpittieng folks I have ever seen, criticizing everything and everyone, negative to the bones. Couldn`t believe my eyes when I saw that forum.

My advice NEVER EVER make the mistake and visit the general discussion-thread in the official US forums of AoC. Its depressing.
Back to top Go down
Thyrus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Official Forums (US) - A sad read   Official Forums (US) - A sad read Icon_minitime11th July 2008, 9:06 am

Hehe...yeah usually the whiners make the loudest noise. Those who enjoy the game are usually quietly playing them.

Sometimes, the devs screwed the game up by listening too much to these whiners, as it had happened many times before in MMORPG.

I think that as long as you like the game, enjoy it, that is the most important.

P/S. You Thyrax, me Thyrus. We both play in the morning wee hours before work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sagramor

Sagramor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Official Forums (US) - A sad read   Official Forums (US) - A sad read Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 12:51 am

I had a flick thru for inspiration about leather collection......oh boy was I sorry I did.
On a positive note I came across a couple of positive and constructive posts, mainly from the guild leader of Third Time Lucky, said as such to her in-game an got a big smile back.
But yes very depressing reading mostly (and unhelpful) I echo Thyrus' comments
Back to top Go down
Goingnowhere

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Official Forums (US) - A sad read   Official Forums (US) - A sad read Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 3:48 am

the forums are a waste of time, sadly enough. criticism of features not included or broken - okay, but the constant whining is amazing. guess some people just have nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Forums (US) - A sad read   Official Forums (US) - A sad read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Forums (US) - A sad read
Page 1 of 1