New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/

www.mistwolves.com will be redirected to http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/ ASAP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

previous games?

Go down 
+17
Alwolf
Fivegut
Maderasyn
Ivorie
Qualityjoe
Uglybob
Shere
Seaphas
cymric
Daevas
Asradin
Mittens
Tanluas
Kelemvor
Admin
Ichabod
norco
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alwolf

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-08

previous games? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2nd July 2008, 4:07 pm

MMO played: WOW, EQ2, LOTR, DAOC.

Favourite RPG: Baulder's Gate 2 (re-played 6 times i think).

Strategy: Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Cheers
Alwolf
Back to top Go down
norco

norco

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime4th July 2008, 8:24 am

woot 2 of my posts have gone popular.. go me lol
Back to top Go down
Thyrus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7th July 2008, 8:45 am

Started gaming years ago on those monochrome screen castle wolfenstein. Great game...

For MMO:
UO - Enjoyed it a lot, but the lag at times really can kill you.
AC - No idea what I was doing. Just follow the rest of the guys and fight, fight, fight...never even reach max level.
Took a break in between to have kids...
Very Happy
CoH/CoV - Great game. One of my fav. Too bad no crafting and not much to do post-50.
LoTRO - Good for casual gamers. Lots of helpful people there...still playing.
PoTBS - Tried it for 14-days free. Interesting, but not my type of game.
AoC - Barbarian here. Love the world of Conan where you are the force of chaos (note: chaos, not evil) trying to fight those of order.
Back to top Go down
Thyrax

Thyrax

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th July 2008, 3:48 am

Hmm, where to start? Only the PC-Games....

Nethack, Prince of Persia, Kings Quest, Monkey Island-Series, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throtle, Grim Fandagoo, Indy-Jones-Series, Red Baron, Apache Longbow, Stunt Island, X-Wing, Heroes of Might and Magic (the RPGs and TBS-Series), 688i Hunter-Killer, Silent Hunter-Series, Doom-Series, Quake-Series, Duke Nukem, Syndicate, X-Com-Series, Civilisation-Series, Dune-Series, C&C-Series, AoE-Series, Master of Orion-Series, The Guild, Far Cry, Total-War-Series, Diablo-Series, Star Craft, Il2 Sturmovik, Falcon 4.0, Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault, Sims-Series, Battlefield, Counterstrike, WoW, Galactic Civilisations, Caesar-Series, many Tycoon-Series, Sim City...

ah, I could go on for abit. The short story is, that I am haunted by games since I was 12 Years old. It never left me, and probably never will. After all those years it never lost its fascination to me...Nowadays I only have less time to enjoy them...
Back to top Go down
Kelemvor

Kelemvor

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th July 2008, 9:35 am

Qualityjoe wrote:
Haha man I remember playing Silkworm on my mates Atari and Karate...something on another friends Cassette Tape type machine forget what kinda computer it was. Still have a 286 laying around at my parents house somewhere...best game that was on that was Wolfenstein. Grew up on Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Kings/Space Quests though ahh SCUMM how I love you so.

Silkworm was great & it was probably IK (international Karate) you played on C64 with the tape drive.

Great games the IK series.

Probably one of the games I look back on with the fondest memories from my C64 days is Barbarian (barbarian 2 sucked) in 2 player, the fact you could win any fight with a well timed spinning neck chop to decapitate your opponent always made 2 player awesome. Plus the fact the little goblin that comes out to get the body kicks the head off screen & then laughs & drags the body away was always entertaining & rubed salt in the wound of any vanquished opponent.
Back to top Go down
Thyrax

Thyrax

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th July 2008, 10:07 am

Oh yeah c64... I know babarian as well. Sadly there was nothing more than that to the game, then you just described, so I always got bored after a few good laughs....

Golden Axe was fun too. Or Soldier of Fortune (Jump n Run @ datasette (the tape-thing)). Or Hurricane...the thing with all the early consoles was, that you always had a million games to play...hehehe.

But which I loved most was a 2-player racing game whichs name I have forgotten. You had a yellow and a red car. You tried to get a distance to the other player and if got far enough ahead to reach the other side of the screen, you won the round...The nice thing was that its pretty tricky racing game, and when you crashed (happend always) there was a animation of a tiny guy, who would run burning from your car and roll on the floor for a few secs.
Back to top Go down
Qualityjoe

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th July 2008, 2:09 pm

That's not Turbo Outrun is it Thyrax? God I loved that game as a child oh attractive sprite girl who would get out and leave your car if you failed to win a race haha.

Oh man Kel you remember Silkworm! I have not found anyone else who remembered that game ever haha. And yeah IK sounds about right was a great little game.

Anyone remember Xenon 2 or Major Striker or any of those other fantastic Apogee games ah so great?
Back to top Go down
Thyrax

Thyrax

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th July 2008, 4:35 am

Yes, right, Qualityjoe! It was "Turbo Outrun"! I had forgotten the games title. Wonder how you guys can remeber things like that after 20+ years...

My brain must by full of holes like swiss cheese... O.o
Back to top Go down
Qualityjoe

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th July 2008, 11:23 am

Haha ahh this thread makes me oh so nostalgic *tear*
Back to top Go down
Thyrax

Thyrax

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th July 2008, 4:45 pm

Thyrus wrote:
Started gaming years ago on those monochrome screen castle wolfenstein. Great game...

Wolfenstein 3D was great too
As endboss there was Hitler with miniguns. lol.

previous games? - Page 2 Hitler2
Back to top Go down
Goingnowhere

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 3:56 am

have been playing pc games for a long time now (first rpg i think was original pool of radiance or one of the ultima titles, cant remember too long ago).

most enjoyable rpg games were baldurs gate series, icewind dale, fallout, arcanum, vampire masquerade, northland trilogy, gothic and morrowind.

started mmos with wow and played that for a while, then lotro (couldnt get into that one), tabula rasa (had some fun moments) and now aoc.
Back to top Go down
Carneios

Carneios

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 12:00 am

Thyrus wrote:
CoH/CoV - Great game. One of my fav. Too bad no crafting and not much to do post-50.

They have actually introduced a crafting system a few things back and they are in fact improving things to do after 50, I might actuallly end up checking it out again thanks for reminding me of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: previous games?   previous games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

previous games?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New host is up at http://mistwolves.guildlaunch.com/ :: Main :: General Chat-
Jump to: